Extra Locks is an option that was added in Version 1.3.2, although it was exclusive to the Extreme difficulty until Version 1.3.2. This option can be selected to increase the difficulty of Granny, as it adds more items that are required to escape, giving the player an additional challenge. (If they are escaping with the Main Door of course.)
On this difficulty, three additional locks are added to the Main Door; requiring the Player to find the Battery to unlock the Battery Lock, and the Padlock Code to unlock the Numeric Padlock. The final lock is unlocked by using the Screwdriver on a panel in the Backyard, which is near the door and the Shed, and pulling the Secret Lever within.
On this difficulty, two additional locks are added to the Main Door. The first lock is unlocked by using the Battery and the second requires the Player to deactivate a switch located in the Backyard by using the Screwdriver on a panel that can be found near the door.
On this difficulty, Extra Locks only adds a single lock to the Main Door, that being the lock that requires the Player to use the Screwdriver on a panel found in the Backyard, which is near the door, and pulling the Lever within.
On Extreme difficulty, Extra Locks is forced on, meaning that the player can't turn it off or on by their will.
- Extra Locks has a smaller effect if the difficulty is higher than if it is lower.
- Extra Locks is forced on in Extreme Mode.
- This is the only way to spawn the Secret Lever.
- With Extra Locks on at any difficulty, there are 7 locks on the Main Door.
- This has virtually no effect if the Player chooses to escape via the Car.