Extreme is one of the five difficulty options in Granny. It was added in Version 1.3, and is currently the hardest mode in the game, as it changes various gameplay aspects of Granny. Tips and tricks for this mode can be found on Extreme Mode strategies.
Extreme Mode changes various gameplay aspects of Granny. These include:
- Granny moving extremely fast (faster than the Player) and cannot be normally outrun.
- Granny is knocked out for:
- Forcing Darker Mode and Extra Locks on.
- No opportunities to complete the Painting.
- Creaking Floors are much larger, making them completely unavoidable.
- An extra one is added to the Secret Area's Top Floor.
- Adding a set of Iron Bars over the passage connecting the Secret Area and the Basement, which blocks it off on the Basement side.
- As of Version 1.3, this is the hardest difficulty option in Granny.
- The changes to Creaking Floors and the Iron Bars were added in Version 1.3.2, as in Version 1.3, Granny still had trouble catching a player who knew how to navigate the house well.
- This is the only difficulty that didn't add any items from its previous difficulty, as the extra lock added did not have a new item, instead, the Player must use the Screwdriver (an item from Easy to unlock the Screwdriver Safe) to unlock the Backyard Lever.