Extreme is one of the five difficulty options in Granny. It was added in Update 1.3, and is currently the hardest mode in the game, as it changes various gameplay aspects of Granny. Tips and tricks for this mode can be found on Extreme Mode strategies.
Extreme Mode changes various gameplay aspects of Granny. These include:
- Granny moving extremely fast (faster than the Player) and cannot be normally outran.
- Granny is knocked out for 15 seconds with Tranquilizer Darts, the Sauna, and the Car.
- Forcing Darker Mode and Extra Locks on.
- No opportunities to complete the Painting.
- Creaking Floors are much larger, making them completely unavoidable.
- An extra one is added to the Secret Area's Top Floor.
- Adding a set of Iron Bars over the passage connecting the Secret Area and the Basement, which blocks it off on the Basement side.