The Gasoline is an essential item for the Car found in the game, and one of the items required to beat the game if the player chooses the car ride ending. It was added in Version 1.5 with the rest of the new car mechanics.
Also, it is one of the 2 new methods of Version 1.5 to knock out Granny, as shooting it will cause a small explosion, but one with the same effects as the Shotgun.
Gasoline is in a red, square can which has the word "Gasoline" written on it.
In order to be able to use the Gasoline Can, you need to use the Car Key first to open the trunk. After that, the gas tank of the car is revealed, alongside with whatever is in the trunk. Then, tap on the tank and hold the button to pour the gas. Although this makes a pouring sound, this does not attract Granny's attention, making it safe to fill up the car as long as a noise hasn't already been made. The tank must be completely full before the car can be started.
- On Basement Workbench.
- In the Jail Cell beside the Wheelchair
- On the Screwdriver Shelf
- On the lower Shed Shelf
- In the Cabinet in the Special Room
- If it spawns on the upper shelf next to the Screwdriver can, it must be retrieved with the Crossbow, as the Shotgun will just cause it to explode and ruin your ability to escape in the Car.
- You can knock out Granny using the Shotgun by shooting the can while it is near Granny. The can will explode and Granny will be knocked out. However, if you are too close to the can, the explosion will knock you out too. Note that the Gasoline Can will permanently disappear after doing this, so make sure you fill the Car tank first.
- The explosion generated is the same size and has the same effect regardless of if it has already been used to fill up the tank or not.
- The explosion will knock out Granny for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, 1 minute and 30 seconds, 45 seconds or 30 seconds depending on the difficulty
- Interestingly enough, the explosion can not kill the Spider, only a direct shot with the Shotgun can.
- It takes exactly 10 seconds to fill the gas tank completely.