The Main Door (or Master Door) is the main door in Granny. It is located in the Main Room, and it was added in Update 1.0. The Main Door is locked by many locks that the Player has to remove in order to beat the game. However, since the 1.5 update, this method isn't the only escape method, making this door less important.
The Main Door is a locked, large wooden door with a wooden frame. However, on the door are several locks that are all unlocked with the use of different items. There can be a minimum of 4, and a maximum of 7 locks on the door, depending on several conditions detailed in the section named 'Number of Locks'. The different locks that can be on the door are (from bottom to top):
- a Wooden Plank (knocked off by the Hammer)
- a Regular Lock on the door handle (unlocked by the Master Key)
- This lock can only be unlocked when all other locks are taken off/unlocked.
- a Wire on the Main Door and a wire in the Basement (electric lock deactivated when the 2 wires are cut by the Cutting Pliers)
- a Battery Slot/Mechanical Bars (removed when putting the Battery in its slot in the middle of the Main Door)
- a Regular Padlock (removed by the Padlock Key)
- a Number Padlock (removed by the Padlock Code)
- a Metal Lock unlocked by a lever unlocked by the Screwdriver (pull down the Lever to unlock the metal lock)
Number of Locks
The number of locks on the Main Door ranges from 4 to 7.
- There are 4 locks on the door in Easy Mode.
- The Wooden Plank, the Regular Lock, the Wire Lock, and the Regular Padlock
- There are 5 locks on the door in Practice and Normal Mode.
- There are 6 locks on the door in Hard Mode.
- The 5 present in Normal Mode and the Battery Slot
- There are 7 locks on the door in Extreme Mode.
- The 6 present in Hard Mode and the Secret Lever
- When you escape, a cutscene plays showing Granny watching the Player as they leave.
- In the Hard and Extreme menu, the phrase 'Main Door' is spelt as "maindoor".
- There is an option called Extra Locks, where, as it's name implies, the number of locks is set to 7 on any difficulty.
- This option is forced on when playing on Extreme Mode.
- It takes two hits from the Hammer to bring down the plank on the Main Door.
- The Master Lock (or the Main Door lock) must be unlocked last.
- Although Practice Mode is easier then Easy, the locks on the door follow the Normal Mode rules as there are 5 locks (Padlock, Number Padlock, Wooden Plank, Wires and Master Lock)
- A note can also be seen on the door that states "I’ll be back soon." What this likely means is that Granny has left the house, and thus she doesn't appear to be present.
- Even if the note says that, Granny will never come back to the house.
Below are pictures of the Main Door showing what it looks like with different numbers of locks on it.