"The Master Key is a liar: It only works on the Main Door Lock!." ― The Player
The Master Key is a key in Granny. It was added in Version 1.0 and will take the Player out of the house once all other locks are taken off. However, this isn't the only way the Player can escape, as he/she can fix the car and escape by driving the car through the Garage Door as of Version 1.5.
The Master Key is used to unlock the Main Door's regular lock after all other locks have been taken off. It cannot be used anywhere else.
The Master Key is composed of a handle and a blade. The handle is hexagonal in shape with a narrow rectangle shape cut out near the center of the handle, the handle has brown spots on it, showing that it has not been used in a long time. The handle is covered in grim.
The handle is red in color. The blade is gray, which would be what you would expect as the blade seems to be made of metal. It has 4 grooves along the blade. The blade itself is not shiny, indicating that it is very old.
The Master Key can spawn in these four locations:
- Car Trunk (requires Car Key to open) Preset 1. Do the glitch with obtaining the trunk item without the car key. This will save, obtaining all parts of the shotgun, getting the winch handle from the sewer, getting the hammer from the well, going through the jail with the cutting pliers, and going to get the safe key, which contains the car key. It saves 6 steps, which take about 3 minutes if you are really good, so use the glitch!
- Inside the Melon (use the Guillotine to break open) Preset 2.
- Inside the Cogwheel Safe (requires Cogwheels to unlock) Presets 3 & 4.
- Inside the Microwave Preset 5.
- Despite its name, it can only unlock the Main Door. This is misleading as the name "Master Key" implies that it can be used on every lock, when it cannot even open Locked Doors.
- Unlike all the other items required to open the door, you must use the Master Key last.
- If the player tries to open the door without all the locks taken off, a message will say "I cannot open this door yet".
- Without the Master Key, however, it says "i need a master key"
- This item used to be the most important item until Version 1.5, where the Player can escape by using the Car in the Garage. Therefore, the Master Key is not as important as it used to.
- That's when the Padlock Key & Cutting Pliers became the most important items, as they must be used on both escape routes.
- Just like the Padlock Code and Battery, this item is not required to escape anymore as the player can use the car escape method.
- It used to spawn in the Safe, the Bathroom right Sink and in the Study wardrobe.