Upon picking the Melon up for the first time during the game, the Player will realize that "Something is inside this Melon," which is a thing. It's unknown how the melon was managed to be emptied, have an item put in it, and get reattached since there are no stitches or any other visible feature to hold it together.
For the Melon to be opened, it has to be placed in the Guillotine and once the handle is pulled, it will be chopped open and make a dull thud. The melon will open and the item will be revealed, but this alerts Granny.
It is simply a normal-looking watermelon.
The location of the Melon corresponds to what it contains:
|Location of Melon||Inside the Melon|
|Workbench in Shed||Playhouse Key|
|Kitchen Cabinet||Master Key|
|In the Well or the Classified Room floor||Padlock Key|
|Car Trunk||Spark Plug|
- The Melon is a lot more akin to a watermelon due to its color.
- The Melon's size is similar to a human neck, as it fits perfectly inside the Guillotine.
- The message found in the Hidden Tunnel informs the player that "She sometimes hides things inside fruits" which refers to the hiding a thing in the melon.
- It is unknown why and how Granny puts items in fruit.
- The Melon is the first food item in the game, the second being the Meat.
- The Melon isn't required for preset #1 as the Weapon Key is in the Playhouse which is optional, or preset #2 if the Player wishes to escape in the Car as the Master Key is found there. However, it is required in Preset #3 and Preset #4 for the Car Escaping Procedure, as it reveals the Spark Plug, and in Preset #5 it is required in both ways, as it shows the Padlock Key.
- It is required for all Main Door Escaping Procedure positions with the exception of preset 4 where it has the Spark Plug inside.
- Once the Melon is chopped, it will disappear after 20 seconds.
- The Melon used to spawn in the Study and the Bathtub.
- The Melon is the only item that can be cut in half.
- This is the 2nd food in the game, the first being the Hanging Meat, the third being the Meat, and the fourth being the Birdseed.