The canister is yellow with the word "PEPPER SPRAY" on it. The spray actuator is black.
When sprayed in Granny's face, it will cause her to rub her eyes in discomfort and turn blind for a period of time.
She will then lose track of the Player and walk away. From here, she will run to sounds that the Player has made, but will not be able to see and chase the Player themselves. Though, Granny can still knock you out if you get to close.
It can only be sprayed five times. After this, further uses will display a message telling the Player it is empty.
Although it is the least potent of the weapons in the game, it is still usually very easy to acquire and could prove useful in select situations.
It only spawns on the small shelf in the Stair Closet, which requires the Remote Control to open. This is one of the only items in the game that has a definate spawn location (like the Freeze Trap or Crossbow)
- It is the only nonlethal weapon in the game. Rather than neutralizing Granny entirely for a period of time, it instead temporarily blinds her.
- The length of time Granny remains blind is 30 seconds.
- Granny cannot hear the Pepper Spray being used.
- This does not offer immunity from Granny's attacks, it simply prevents her from seeing the Player. She will still hit them if they get too close.
- If you manage to spray Granny a few seconds after your last spray, she will cover her face in discomfort again despite her being blind already.
- There is a very rare glitch where Granny will freeze in place if you go behind her while spraying. The length of time Granny remains blind can be longer than 30 seconds.
- The Pepper Spray doesn’t work on the Spider nor the Crow.
- If Granny is blind while you're holding Teddy or killing one of her pets, she will still see you and know where you are.
- The Pepper Spray can be used 5 times before it’s empty.
- In Version 1.6 and 1.6.1, there was a glitch that could make the Player invisible with the Pepper Spray, more can be read on Glitches.