"I have to leave this house" ― Player
The Player is the main protagonist of Granny. As they are the representation of the person playing the game, not much is known about their identity.
On the 2nd day, the Player will start limping around, which does not affect speed, but can be slightly disorienting.
On the 3rd day, the limp will become much more severe, making it difficult to pick up objects or interact with the environment while on the run. This still does not affect your top speed.
Despite having multiple endings, a canon ending and the fate of the Player is still unknown.
It is possible that the Player is the same protagonist as Slendrina: The Forest, and they stumbled upon Granny's house after discovering the secret of Slendrina's husband and attempting to leave the forest. The Player and the protagonist in Granny: Chapter Two are probably the same person.
The player has various quotes when they try to interact with something, if they can't they will say something like "I need a/an X.", this is used so the player has a clue as to how to solve a puzzle, what items to use, and what's needed for escape. There are 37 quotes altogether:
- "I need a master key."
- "I need a battery."
- "I need a cutting pliers."
- "I need a hammer."
- "I need a padlock key."
- "I need a padlock code."
- "I need a special key."
- "I need a playhouse key."
- "I need an engine part."
- "I need a spark plug."
- "I need a car battery."
- "I need gasoline."
- "I need a wrench."
- "I can not open the door yet."
- "I can not start the car yet."
- "I need a remote control."
- "An empty plate."
- "An empty bowl."
- "I have to leave this house."
- "This is a dangerous cutting tool."
- "This door is locked."
- "I need a car key."
- "I need a winch handle."
- "Maybe I can put something here."
- "Something is missing here."
- "I need a crossbow."
- "I need a shotgun."
- "I should probably open the garage door first."
- "Something is inside this melon."
- "It's empty."
- "The shotgun is loaded."
- "I need a safe key."
- "I need to get closer."
- "Maybe I can use one of the planks."
- "I need to find a switch."
- "I need a weapon key."
- "There are pieces missing."
- In the PC version, there is an exclusive opening cutscene reveals that while the Player wandering about the forest, he suddenly got hit in the head and captured by Granny before starting the game. This also explains why the Player feels dizzy after waking up in tho first day.
- The Player has no model attached to themself in-game, and as a result they appear completely invisible. There are a few instances where this is especially noticeable:
- There is no driver in the Car during the Car escape ending.
- On the PC version, if the Player walks in front of the Flashlight before picking it up, his shadow will not be shown on the wall. Not only this, but if he picks up the Vase, its shadow will completely disappear.
- Also, there was a glitch that allows the Player to walk around during the death cutscenes with freecam. Were he walk to the scenes of the execution, he would notice that he is completely invisible. This was patched in Version 1.5, as it relies on the Hide Anywhere glitch, but a video of it can be seen here.
- The Player is good at shooting, as they know where they are shooting with the crossbow and shotgun.
- According to DVloper, the Player doesn't have identity.